Dimond High School Soccer Booster Club Minutes
1. Date/Time/Location: Mar 13, 01/7:00 PM/DHS Library
2. Future Fundraisers:
long-sleeve t-shirts, burgundy, $20, all sizes available (will have Stellar logo on one sleeve)
hooded sweatshirts, $35, sizes L/XL
Folded Blankets, burgundy, $45
Vests/fleece, $40 (Ana will call Mrs. Wolgemuth about making vests/fleece for girls’ teams)
Denim Shirts, $30
b. Potluck/Silent Auction: Items needed in order for this to be a success; Archie has solicitation forms and Ana has copy of solicitation letters if needed. Silent Auction will close at 8 pm – suggestion was made to have a ‘live’ auction with Ryan as MC. Dimond Alumni Tax number is needed – Shirley will get this for us.
c. Split-the-Pot: Suggestion was made to do a 50/50 raffle at the silent auction and/or the games played at home field.
d. Suggest was made to have an end-of-season tournament as a fundraiser. Tentative date of Jun2, ˝ hr games, alumni-coed teams, $150/team entry fee, invitation letters will be worked.
3. Senior Night: Seniors will be recognized during the “Senior Game” (last home games). Part of the profits from the t-shirts sales will go to purchase seniors a gift. Suggestion was made to purchase ‘senior t-shirts’ – something special – unisex. Suggestion was made to have a student photographer at the Senior Game to take photos of players with their parents.
4. Team Photo: Kathy will get the name of photographer who takes ‘action shots’ and does great team photos.
5. Treasurer’s Report: Cost for See’s Candy was $740, profit was $856.70. No activities can take place on Sundays – carwash fundraisers seem to a ‘no-go’ for this year.
6. End-of-Season Party: Pizza party tentatively scheduled for either May 29 or Jun 4.
7. New Web Site: DHS Soccer web site is: http://members.tripod.com/dimondhighsoccer
Suggestion was made to have Eurosport posted on web page – booster club can use this as a fundraiser when players order directly from web page – need to check into he legality of this.
8. Next Meeting: Tuesday, March 20, 7:30 pm, DHS Library, to discuss Kick-off Potluck/Silent Auction.